The Development and Events Intern will assist the development department of Make-A-Wish Kansas. The intern will assist the Director of Development and the Events Manager with administration, donor stewardship, and event planning and coordination.
Students will work 20 hours per week and are responsible for their own transportation and housing expenses. Flexible schedule.
- Assist Events Manager with internal and external events.
- Assist with the Kids for Wish Kids program, including meeting with schools and attending school events with the Events Manager.
- Discovery, cultivation and stewardship of event participants and supporters.
- Post event follow-up and acknowledgement.
- Donor stewardship.
- Provide administrative support for development department.
- Follow a defined set of Standard Operating Procedures for the coordination of reporting of events.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Requires excellent project management, customer service, communication and public presentation skills.
- Passion for the Make-A-Wish mission.
- Professional dress and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and independently.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel.
- Minimum of 20-hour work week preferred, some weekend events required.
Location: Wichita, KS
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating the following:
- Academic and career goals
- Skills, experience, or coursework relevant to the internship program
- Employment/Volunteer history
Application Deadline: For immediate consideration, submit materials to Caitlyn Kleve, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This is an unpaid opportunity.